This is an adaptation of the Double Court Bob Minor pattern, page 50 of Sixty Scarves for 60 years.
I didnt have the 10/2 the pattern called for so I used some mill end yard that I had, which was 6/2 and I decided to try it in the 10 dent reed. I am still a little unclear on taking a pattern that calls for one type of yarn and substituting a different size and how to change the sett. I decided to not only try out my loom with this pattern but to try out modifying the pattern. This pattern has a repeat of 16 threads in the threading so I wound 80 ends plus 2 for float which should be 5 repeats. I decided to do a very short warp of just 2 yards.
Then I decided to try the warping technique in the video I borrowed from the Weaving Indiana Guild, Warping your Loom. This is a front to back warping. I sleyed the reed with it out of the loom sitting on the kitchen table then moved it to the loom
Then from the back, I removed the rear beam so I could get to the heddles easier and threaded them then put the rear beam back on. I then did the tie up of the treadles.
And this is where I decided to stop for the evening. I am going to edit this post each time I have an update to keep the project in one post heading.
Day 2, its going really quickly
About 12 inches so far
Now you can see a bunch on the front beam
Close up of the fabric after taking it off the loom. This one was just a small piece.
No comments:
Post a Comment