A little history. I started weaving about 2-3 years ago. It all began with my first Inkle Loom. My main focus with weaving on the inkle loom was to make trim for the medieval reenacting that I participate in. ( SCA.org) Then last year I took a beginning weaving class at a local weaving shop (tabbytreeweaver.com) and fell in love!
Here is where I was starting to wind on the warp. This is some cotton yarn, rather thick to start with.
Ah got it all wound on and the heddle sleyed (no my dog Lily was not able to help with that)
Here is the start of the weaving. I was so happy with how nice the weaving was going. I did have a little trouble with keeping some of the warp strings taught, so that is something I need to work on. I think it must have to do with how I did my warp winding, I tried to do it all by myself. And the finished project:
This turned out nice and I sent it to a friend as part of my Pay it Forward project I am doing. Will have to start another thread on that.
And had such good luck with that one decided to try wool. Here is me warping it at the table.
Ok so I need to now take a picture of the fiasco this turned out to be. This wool was not the right type to to weav with. I wove about 3 inches of weft before the first warp thread broke then it was all down hill from there. I think I have about 7 or 8 inches of weft done and have over a dozen warp threads repaired. I have decided not to keep it and will be removing it from the loom unfinished. I will tho take a picture before I do that hopefully.
No comments:
Post a Comment